We stock both premium compression spigots and friction spigots at Absolute Glass Products Pty Ltd. Wherever possible we steer our customers towards the premium spigots because they have superior performance in all conditions. However, in some instances, budget and other requirements mean that customers choose to go with a friction style spigot. We can supply both styles to help you complete your glass pool fence project.
Below is a comparison of premium compression spigots vs friction spigots.
PREMIUM COMPRESSION SPIGOTS
- Premium compression spigots are stronger, they are machined from 4kg of solid 316 marine grade stainless steel.
- Premium compression spigots have a 10mm bolt that goes through a 20mm hole in the glass.
- When the 10mm bolt is tightened, it compresses the sides of the spigots onto the glass, gripping it so that it cannot come loose.
- The bolt through the glass anchors the glass to the spigot, which in turn is anchored to the surface to which it is fitted, tying everything together.
- Friction spigots are machined stainless steel and weigh approximately 1.8kg.
- Friction spigots do not anchor the glass in the same way as compression spigots. Rather than bolt through a hole in the glass, Friction spigots use two grub screws to push against the glass and clamp the glass in. You cannot mechanically anchor the glass with a friction spigot.
- When the grub screws are tightened the friction spigots push the side of the spigot away from the glass when they push up against a friction plate.
- The friction plate wedges the glass and while they work well there is no mechanical anchor point. If these style of spigots are installed correctly then there should be no issues, however if they aren’t installed correctly there’s a chance the glass could come loose (particularly on hinge panels).
Only the best quality mirror polished 316 marine grade stainless steel spigots on the market.
Our spigots are engineered for frameless glass pool fencing application.
Available in : In-ground, Core Drilled & Flanged.
Please beware of “too good to be true” pricing. As you can see in the pictures provided there is a world of difference between poor quality, cheap and nasty posts and spigots compared to our high quality pool fencing products. Buyer Beware!